Kenwood KDC-W8531 CD receiver key features
A 24 bit Burr-Brown audiophile quality D/A converter is featured on this radio CD / MP3 / WMA / AAC receiver. Infra red remote control included.
Customisable 128 x 23 (64 colour) full dot FL display with eight tone levels and blackout.
Voice-index guidance helps you locate tracks effortlessly.
PhatNoise media organiser software included on CD-ROM to organise your music collection.
Piano black finish / aluminium front panel features the motorised SLIDE type mechanism with three step angle adjustment.
Facility to add CD changer, walkman type input, accessory remote control.
Can be linked to many factory-fitted remote controls and dashboard displays (requires adaptor).
Radio tuner features:
- RDS (radio data system) & EON (extended other networks) tuner
- Full coverage of LW / MW / FM wavebands with 24 presets (18FM, 6MW, 6LW)
- Auto-memory entry feature stores preset stations
- Display of radio text information
CD / MP3 / WMA / ACC features:
- Compatible with CD, MP3, WMA and AAC format files
- AAC compresses audio much more efficiently than the MP3 standard. Also used on the Apple iPod, Kenwood AAC compatible head units can reproduce files compressed using AAC-LC, including MPEG-4 and .m4a formats
- CD-R and CD-R/W compatible
- Voice index aids locating files on CD by reading aloud play mode and file names
- PhatNoise media manager software on CD-ROM to store, index and organise audio files. Includes 60 sample MP3 tracks
- Display of CD text when present on media
- Display of MP3 ID-3 tag information
- Discs in optional CD changer can be manually assigned names
- 24 bit Burr Brown D/A converter gives highest quality playback of compressed audio files
- L/R 0-bit muting for total silence between tracks
- Random track play, track repeat and intro scan functions
- Four channel 4 x 50W max power amplifier (4 x 30W RMS)
- RCA auxiliary input for connecting external walkman type devices
- Three stereo preamplifier RCA outputs (5.0 volt) for connecting optional external amplifier
- Separate adjustments for bass, treble, balance and fader
- Loudness control
- System Q-EX equaliser with three control bands and six preset settings
- System Es optionally cuts bass for front and rear speakers at an adjustable frequency, thus improving sound quality when a separate subwoofer is in use
- Adjustable rear subwoofer output
- Built in amplifier can be turned off if external amplification is used
- BMS external amplifier control offers parametric EQ control of the Kenwood PS range of external amplifiers. You can also display amplifier status information such as voltage, current, temperature and fan speed on the GUI/OSD
- Dual-zone sound output facility
- Source tone memory stores equaliser settings for each source (FM radio, AM radio & CD)
- Customisable FL dot graphic display of 64 colours x 8 shades (128 x 23) with display blackout switch
- Installer memory switch will return unit to a preset optimum calibration, as programmed by owner or installer
- Aluminium motorised removable front panel flips down to insert CD disc
- Three step front panel angle adjustment
- Automatic display brightness dimmer
- Compatible with Kenwood CD disc changers
- Infra-red remote control included
- Will accept auxiliary input cable for Walkman type device playback though radio
- Compatible with Kenwood iPod interface to control, display information from and re-charge battery of Apple iPod
- DAB reception can be added with accessory DAB tuner
- Can be linked to many models of dashboard information displays and factory-fitted remote controls (requires accessory adaptor)
- Rotary volume controller
- Red or green (switchable) illuminated control buttons
- Complete with release keys, ISO connecting loom, full fitting and operating guide
Security, warranty and insurance:
- Removable front face with case
- Security code protected